National Charter Schools Week Essay Contest
The National Alliance for Public Charter Schools is asking charter school students from across the country to write an original essay on why they love their charter school. We invite interested students to participate!
The contest is open to all students who currently attend a public charter school (grade 3 or higher). Entries will be divided into three groups:
- Elementary school (grades 3-5)
- Middle school (grades 6-8)
- High school (grades 9-12)
- Essay submissions will be accepted starting Monday, April 6. The contest deadline is Friday, May 1st at 11:59 PM ET.
- Essays can be no more than 500 words but must meet a minimum requirement of 250 words for middle and high school entries. Elementary school entries may be up to 150 words.
- Essays must be original work of the student.
One winner from each age group will receive a certificate and will have their essay published on the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools blog. Winners will be announced during National Charter Schools Week on Friday, May 8th.
A panel from the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools will judge all submissions. All essays will be judged on the following criteria:
- Communicated ideas clearly
- Well organized
- Correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation