Thank you for your interest in Columbus Charter School.
We offer our classical instructional delivery for either on-campus or on-line attendance.
Our on-campus instructional delivery complies with all safety regulations and conditions for Plan B including:
- temperature and wellness checks in cars before drop-off,
- hand sanitation at building entrances
- 6 foot social distancing in classrooms and offices
- masks required in all transitions or where 6 foot distances may not be continuously maintained
- when properly distanced, students are allowed mask breaks until the next transition
- periodic sanitary wipe-downs of frequently touched surfaces
Our on-line instruction is delivered concurrently with the on-campus instruction and follows the same curriculum for grades 3-8. For K-2, on-line classes are separate from on-campus classes. For on-line attendance, all students are expected to:
- login on time – daily tardies, attendance, and early check-outs noted
- wear uniforms and comply with dress codes during classes,
- participate in class discussions,
- complete all work both during in-class sessions and after-class homework
- enrolling for on-line attendance is a minimum one-year commitment
- If building occupancy limits are lifted, on-line students enrolling after July 15, 2020 cannot be guaranteed a seat on-campus and must continue on-line.
- return all school-provided equipment in good condition at year end.
“Columbus Charter School is definitely the best in Columbus County. I drop my girls at Columbus Charter School and the headmaster is out directing traffic and leading by example. Before our kids can succeed in the classroom they need people there who take pride in all facets of their jobs, big and small.”– Michael Nix, Columbus Charter School Parent
Columbus Charter School is a tuition-free school open to all children in the State of North Carolina. No fees or tuition are ever charged for admission.
Columbus Charter School Features
- Tuition-free, open enrollment, K-8 school.
- Participant in National School Lunch Program offering free and reduced lunch to qualifying students.
- Scenic, 142-acre campus in Columbus County, just five minutes from downtown Whiteville.
- Outperformed Columbus and Bladen County by an average of 10 percentage points in the most recently published NCDPI reports.
- Frequently the county’s top scorer in state EOG tests.
- Varied extracurricular activities.
- History Bowl
- Beta Club